Workflow Approvals

We currently have a workflow approval that checks the Manager of the requestor is populated.  However, we have a new scenario where we want to use the Secondary Owner instead of the Manager.  Is this possible?  I have not been able to see this option in the workflow, other than using a script, which I am trying to avoid.

• Hi  

If the approval was required by the Target Objects Manager and/or one of the secondary Owners, that would be straight-forward

For approval by the Requestor, the only OOTB option is the requestors manager.

If its a self request, that's not a major issue, as they are both the requestor and target object.

If the request is being submitted by someone (for example) in the helpdesk, and its their secondary manager, thats more complex.

In that particular case it would probably need to be done by script, which would return an array of DNs of groups or users from the edsvaSecondaryOwners attribute of the requestor, but if not set you'd want to supply a "default" DN (for approvals can continue.

You could still use a workflow like above, the differences would be in the conditions you use in the If/Else branch, instead of looking at the "Property of workflow target object" you's look at "Property of workflow initiator" aka the requestor (or person who as requested the change)

For the Approval step, you'd change it to be "Manager of person who requested the operation"

Foir the Secondary Owners approval you'd instead select "Users of groups specified by Script"

Where you define a script module and function which would request the values from the edsvaSecondaryOwners attribute.

I'm testing a script this end to get you the secondary owners from script