Active Roles Web Interface Quick Search fails after upgrade to LTS 8.0.1

Hi

I just updated to ActiveRoles 8.0.1 LTS from 8.0.0 LTS according to this guide:

https://support.oneidentity.com/active-roles/kb/4371505/how-to-upgrading-to-active-roles-8-0-x-lts-from-8-0-0-lts-or-later-using-in-place-upgrade-method

During the upgrade I was instructed to upgrade to the latest Exchange Online PowerShell (version 3.1.0 currently). Everything went smoothly and the upgrade seemed to be successful. I did some tests in Quicksearch and then I ran into the situation described here:

https://support.oneidentity.com/active-roles/kb/4369498/active-roles-web-interface-quick-search-fails-with-the-following-error-you-must-call-connect-exchangeonline-before-calling-any-other-cmdlet

This does not apply directly to the 8.0.1 version but just to test I added the 2.0.3 version of Powershell EXO alongside the new 3.1.0 version but that had no effect either.

I can also mention that I created a new blank web site based on the standard helpdesk template but I still got the same error message during quick search.

Did I miss something in the upgrade process?

/ Staffan

Parents
  • Hello, staffan.

After recently experiencing the same issue, I would highly recommend following the steps outlined in the article 4340865. I also have a PowerShell version of the workaround:

$serverList = @(
        "server1",
        "server2"
    )

$scriptBlock = {
        New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 -Name "SchUseStrongCrypto" -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD -Force
        New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 -Name "SystemDefaultTlsVersions" -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD -Force
        New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 -Name "SchUseStrongCrypto" -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD -Force
        New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 -Name "SystemDefaultTlsVersions" -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD -Force
    }

foreach ($server in $serverList) {
        $null = Invoke-Command -ComputerName $server -ScriptBlock $scriptBlock
    }

• Hello, staffan.

After recently experiencing the same issue, I would highly recommend following the steps outlined in the article 4340865. I also have a PowerShell version of the workaround:

$serverList = @(
        "server1",
        "server2"
    )

$scriptBlock = {
        New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 -Name "SchUseStrongCrypto" -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD -Force
        New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 -Name "SystemDefaultTlsVersions" -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD -Force
        New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 -Name "SchUseStrongCrypto" -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD -Force
        New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 -Name "SystemDefaultTlsVersions" -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD -Force
    }

foreach ($server in $serverList) {
        $null = Invoke-Command -ComputerName $server -ScriptBlock $scriptBlock
    }

Children
  • Thanks Shawn, I just tried these steps and made a fresh reboot. At first it seemed ok, but after some successful searches, the error came back.

I just now noticed one other thing that seems to occur now that these errors start to show up again in the quick search. If I go into the Azure branch and drill down via the Tenant container and then to the view where I can select different cloud objects, there is something strange going on. I can open up "Azure Contacts", Azure Users" and so on but all the views on EXO objects, ("Resouce Mailboxes", Shared mailboxes") turns up empty.

I could see them briefly after the reboot but not anymore.