Federated authentication & claims editor issues

Hello all,

I try to configure federated authentication and i am wondering if there is a proper guide to set this up, the information in the administrator guide is very little and for me not really clear.

Metadata URL is verifying OK, regarding the "realm", as i have different websites in place and removed the arswebadmin page, do I just have to point to https://dnsnameofarsserver ? same question for the reply URL, as I can't just simply to point to ONE website.

Regarding the "Claim Editor" i noticed if i e.g., add a default claim type like "email", i can't save it unless i do a change on the "claim value", as the "claim description" field is greyed out unless i do that change. Is this a bug?

I was able to get authenticated but then ARS drops an error page and it seems it tries to do something with starling which i don't even have activated:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Starling2FAModule.GetUserName(String identity) +70

Starling2FAModule.Application_AuthorizeRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +624

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +222

System.Web.<>c__DisplayClass285_0.<ExecuteStepImpl>b__0() +39

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +154

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +93

Many thanks for your help,
Micha