DHCP

Guys.

Is it possible through Quest to allow our Helpdesk to manage DHCP reservations?

Cheers

Craig
Parents
  • Craig,

Please don't allow missing canned components to force you to miss the big picture with ActiveRoles Server!

I would argue that there is no product on the market today for AD management that is as flexible as ActiveRoles Server. It's OOTB purpose is to provide identity and access management for AD, not necessarily for network components such as DHCP, DNS and other services.

However, (a BIG however) that doesn't stop a developer from building projects that can incorporate just about any of these AD-integrated services into their IAM solution.

If you can programmatically manage a Windows service, it can be done via ActiveRoles Server as well. And with Powershell now integrated into the scripting engine, the possibilities are endless.

Please take time to browse the wiki links to the left, the ARS SDK and this forum for a true picture of ActiveRoles Server's capabilities, and post all your questions here so we may assist you.

Also feel free to message me if you want to chat offline.

Regards
  • Craig,

Please don't allow missing canned components to force you to miss the big picture with ActiveRoles Server!

I would argue that there is no product on the market today for AD management that is as flexible as ActiveRoles Server. It's OOTB purpose is to provide identity and access management for AD, not necessarily for network components such as DHCP, DNS and other services.

However, (a BIG however) that doesn't stop a developer from building projects that can incorporate just about any of these AD-integrated services into their IAM solution.

If you can programmatically manage a Windows service, it can be done via ActiveRoles Server as well. And with Powershell now integrated into the scripting engine, the possibilities are endless.

Please take time to browse the wiki links to the left, the ARS SDK and this forum for a true picture of ActiveRoles Server's capabilities, and post all your questions here so we may assist you.

Also feel free to message me if you want to chat offline.

Regards
Children
No Data