This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Database Transporter - Unable to import transport file consisting of reports created in Report Editor

Hello.

We developed reports with Report Editor in a non-prod environment and created a transport file using a change label. Our goal is to migrate these reports to production, but we have to test importing the transport file in a non-prod environment. Currently, client does not have another working non-prod environment besides the one where we developed the reports. Thus, we deleted the reports and imported the transport (zip) file back to the environment.

Here is the description of the transport zip file:

The errors are shown below when the process is executed:

*Please right click and select open link in new tab if the pictures are not clear

The account we used to import had the standard Report_EditRights permission group assigned.

We have also tried ignoring the errors when we import the file, and although the same errors were shown, the reports showed up in Report Editor in the same non-prod environment and produced correct results.

Has anyone experienced similar issue? Or can anyone advise if you have any suggestions on how to test and migrate it properly?

• Reason:

The DialogParamSet has a ModulGUID, but the RPSReport doesn't have one. Only the DialogParamSet gets transported and in the ObjectKeyUsedBy is referred to the ObjectKey of the not transported RPSReport.

Solution:

Change the UID of the RPSReport to a ModulGUID and make sure that it is also used in the DialogParamSet.ObjectKeyUsedBy. Then create the transport packet again.
    Other option is to migrate to 7.1.1. There this is issue is fixed.

• As you are using version 6.1.2 I suggest to create a transport for these reports using the favorite objects option in the Transporter.

This is the transport option I generally use for transporting Reports (DialogReports including all queries, and parameter definitions) in version 6.x

I want to add that there is a known issue that might touch your use-case with a workaround (besides the one I already mentioned).

• If the change label, you are trying to import with you transport package that contains the report already exists in the target database but the report does not, you might see the error you are describing.

Workaround: Delete the change label in addition to the report and redo your tests. Test should work this time.

HtH

• Deleting the change label helps and the file is successfully imported. Thank you.