This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fire custom event from template

In Identity Manager 6.1.3, how can I start / fire a custom event of a process out of a template?

Parents
  • First of all, the object layer ensures that every property has been finalized before it is generating the event (INSERT / UPDATE / DELETE), so if you are saying that sometimes values haven't been set by QuickConnect at the point in time of the event generation then there are different reasons for that.

The same is true for the generation of the template using a script.

Potential reasons to check:

• QuickConnect: I am no QuickConnect expert, but depending on your configuration maybe a object will be touched twice. And as far as I know, QuickConnect sets the connection variable FULLSYNC to true. So you may check any template if it behaves differently because of that.
    • Check your template and your generation condition if you have covered any edge cases. For example a property is not marked as changed, if the old and the new value are the same. 
    • Check your templates in regards to the overwriting flag, if this is not set, the value will only be calculated once.

Having said that, if you really want to generate a custom event (but I doubt you have to), use the OnSavingEvent on the Person table to do that.

• First of all, the object layer ensures that every property has been finalized before it is generating the event (INSERT / UPDATE / DELETE), so if you are saying that sometimes values haven't been set by QuickConnect at the point in time of the event generation then there are different reasons for that.

The same is true for the generation of the template using a script.

Potential reasons to check:

• QuickConnect: I am no QuickConnect expert, but depending on your configuration maybe a object will be touched twice. And as far as I know, QuickConnect sets the connection variable FULLSYNC to true. So you may check any template if it behaves differently because of that.
    • Check your template and your generation condition if you have covered any edge cases. For example a property is not marked as changed, if the old and the new value are the same. 
    • Check your templates in regards to the overwriting flag, if this is not set, the value will only be calculated once.

Having said that, if you really want to generate a custom event (but I doubt you have to), use the OnSavingEvent on the Person table to do that.

Children
No Data