This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dynamic Business Role and removing ad Group while retaining membership - viinherite

Hi all,

1IM v6.1.4 ( soon to be 7)

I am using a Dynamic Business Role to populate AD Groups used for access security. I need to be bale to remove an AD Group from the Dynamic Bus Role and have the ad Group retain the memberships. 

I created a Dynamic Business Role in my test env, created 2 ad groups in the domain. Associated the 2 AD Groups to the Dynamic Business Role, Let them cook and populate. Verified via the domain that they have memberships. I then removed one of the AD Groups. In a reasonable time all of the memberships were deleted. Makes sense. ( All of the entries in adsaccountinadsgrouptotal for the group had niinherite set to 4 (Dynamic).

2nd test, Sams as above but before i removed the AD Group from the Dynamic Business Role I updated adsaccountinadsgrouptotal table entries for the target group, updating the viinherite from a 4 to a 6 (Indirect, dynamic). Removed the AD Group, then later all memberships were automatically removed.

3rd test, same as above but changed the viinherite to a 7 (direct, indirect and dynamic). Same result.

Is there a way to preserve the membership when removing a AD Group from a Dynamic Business Role?

Thanks in advance, Todd Fendt

Parents
  • Hi Todd,

I'm thinking back to 6.1 days, so I may be a little hazy here.  There are two tables involved: ADSAccountInADSGroup and ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal .  All of the rows from ADSAccountInADSGroup are in ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal but not vice versa.  Accounts in ADSAccountInADSGroup are directly assigned.  I don't think is is sufficient to change the viInherite flag in ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal.  I think you have to actually create the rows in ADSAccountInADSGroup. 

HTH,

George

• Hi Todd,

I'm thinking back to 6.1 days, so I may be a little hazy here.  There are two tables involved: ADSAccountInADSGroup and ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal .  All of the rows from ADSAccountInADSGroup are in ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal but not vice versa.  Accounts in ADSAccountInADSGroup are directly assigned.  I don't think is is sufficient to change the viInherite flag in ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal.  I think you have to actually create the rows in ADSAccountInADSGroup. 

HTH,

George

Children
No Data