This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using dynamic foreign key in Web Designer

Looking for an example on how dynamic foreign key can be used in web designer. Lets say I define a local single row collection with a property as Data Type string and property data source type as "Dynamic Foreign Key". How do I go about pointing it to two different tables? Thanks in advance for your help
  • by right click you insert the desired tables.
  • Thanks Geraldine. All along I have been trying "ADSAccount" as identifier. And I should have tried without quotes. I did it now and the tables show up. Related question: Can the viewing condition be evaluated realtime? i.e. I have a property in the same local collection and based on that property being true I would like the table be ADSAccount if not ADSGroup. I tried something like this in the viewing condition for ADSAccount -> If(select Approver1Type from LocalVars = "user") then true else false. And for ADSGroup -> If(select Approver1Type from LocalVars = "group") then true else false. With these view conditions, none of the tables show up even though Approver1Type is selected as user or group.
  • I think it might be only during compile time and during execution time.
    I don't think that the product itself supports realtime at all.