This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to encrypt a column via process

Hi, we have one custom column created with schema extension and it needs encrypted value. When I am passing value from front end i.e ITshop, it is storing this value in plain text. I tried using "encrypted" option in parameter but its not working. How can I insert encrypted value in this column? Please suggest. Thank you.

Parents
  • I suggest reading the documentation. You need to set the encrypted flag at your custom column.

• Markus,

For some reasons, lots of columns are greyed out and could not be selected. Is this behavior somehow due to underline sentence? 

"Encryption is carried out by the program "Crypto Configuration". With this program an encryption file is created and the contents of the database columns that are effected are converted. The encrypted data is stored in the database table DialogDatabase.".

Is it possible to enable Encrypted option on other columns (included in that encryption file) except OOTB columns? Thank you for the help!

• Ruchita,

As Markus suggested .... please please please look at the documentation.  Pretty much any column can be encrypted.  Designer > One Identity Manager Schema > <your> table> > <your column> > More > Check encrypted > Commit.

HTH, Barry.

• Just a guess, are the columns you are trying to encrypt non-string columns?

• That was what I thought the same to Markus and Barry explanations. As long as OIM database encrypted then most of columns should have the option to enable Encrypted.

But I was told that most of columns greyed out (v8.0.1 environment). Is there anything else that could be missing? Thanks!

• That was what I thought the same to Markus and Barry explanations. As long as OIM database encrypted then most of columns should have the option to enable Encrypted.

But I was told that most of columns greyed out (v8.0.1 environment). Is there anything else that could be missing? Thanks!

Children