This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IT Shop - Strange behavior on date select control.

Dear Community,

I have found a strange behavior in date select controls in the standard web portal.
We have build a custom form where we need to fill the persons Entry and ExitDate with only the date, not the time.

We managed show only the date select control "The calendar type control" with column-based references (German: spaltenabhängiger Verweis).

In that control I observed a strange and unwanted behavior:

1. When clicking a day in the calendar the Date is correctly to the Person collection.
    That is the behavior we want: Everything fine.
  2. When clicking the current day at the bottom of the control (i.e Sunday, 06. October 2018) not only the date is written to the collection,
    additionally the time is now part of the collection.
    We don't want a time portion in that field. So that's not fine.
  3. Additionally when that botton current date is clicked once, you can of course click another date in the calender,
    but the time portion will not reset to 00:00:00.000.

Is that behavior wanted?
Is there a possibility to change that behavior with a simple configuration flag?
What other options do I have, with minimal possibillities for side effects to other processes dealing with the mentioned person attributes?

• I have found a workaround for our use case. We Update the collection on the date attributes with a NullTime Function.
    But is there a easier way for that?

Is this type of question to complex for the community and should I open a ticket for this?