This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEARCH AND CREATE for ADS and UNS and understanding of account definitions

Hi All,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, that I understand that account definitions are the ones that triggers the creation of ADSAccount when a new Person is created. 

Likewise when a Person has an ADSAccount already linked, any updates like change in its attributes to the Person record will be updated accordingly to ADSAccount and to the Active Directory record itself via

ADS_ADSAccount_Update/(De-)activate.

First question would be, does a SEARCH criteria for ADS in the configuration parameters (TargetSystem\ADS\PersonAutoDefault) triggers the ADSAccount update? And does SEARCH also means a Person object can be looking for an ADSAccount that it can links to? 

From what I understand from the description in the configuration parameters, a newly created ADSAccount will search for its Employee based on the SEARCH config. SEARCH and CREATE will create an Employee if it is not found.

Another question would be understanding account definitions. We have a process flow like the following: HR feed (Custom Target system) --> Staging (OI) --> UNSAccountB ---> Person ---> ADSAccount ---> Active Directory

We didnt want a newly created Person to create ADSAccount (via account definitions) and just stop at creation of Person. So, we deactivated the AD synchronization projects in Synchronization Editor and unassign the related account definitions.

However, we noticed ADSAccount_Update / (De-)activate gets triggered upon running the synchronization project (HR to OI) and we're not sure how it got triggered despite deactivating the projects. 

Appreciate your inputs and my understanding on this. Thank you!

• Hi,

The SEARCH won't directly trigger an update. It fills the UID_Person field on adsaccount. 

Deactivating the synchronization projects doesn't have any effect on the job generation. The jobs are generated as if the project was active. The difference is that all the jobs will not be executed.