One Identity Service and Job Server on the same server?j

Hi, I'm using version 8 and I've installed into an Azure lab for learning purposes. I have three servers, a web server, service server and database server. I've installed the One Identity Service on the service server and then proceeded to add a job server to the same server. The install all works fine and I've set the job configuration but in Job Queue Info the server is showing as 'Unable to connect to the remote server' and navigating to port 1880 gives me a 404, and if I run a sync job with that job server selected, the process does nothing, it doesn't start or freeze just stays at True. I've got event and file logging on the job server and although there is some info in the file log, there are no errors. Is there any problem with the job server being on the same server as the one identity service? If not, where else should I look to resolve my problem and get the job server operational? btw is there any way to search these forums?

Parents
  • Hi Dan,

I'm not sure what you mean by "I've installed the One Identity Service on the service server and then proceeded to add a job server to the same server."

If the One Identity Service is installed, then we'll assume this is the job server.

The question is: is the service running on the SQL Server?  If so, then there needs to be a job server declared for it in the database; if not then you can create a queue for the SQL server on your existing job server (Job Service Destination) or define your existing job server as the Master SQL Server (SQL Processing server).

I suspect your issue is that the SQL jobs cannot run, as there is no SQL server defined.

Hope this helps.

Trevor

• Hi Dan,

I'm not sure what you mean by "I've installed the One Identity Service on the service server and then proceeded to add a job server to the same server."

If the One Identity Service is installed, then we'll assume this is the job server.

The question is: is the service running on the SQL Server?  If so, then there needs to be a job server declared for it in the database; if not then you can create a queue for the SQL server on your existing job server (Job Service Destination) or define your existing job server as the Master SQL Server (SQL Processing server).

I suspect your issue is that the SQL jobs cannot run, as there is no SQL server defined.

Hope this helps.

Trevor

Children