This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it safe to delete old and obsolete ShoppingCartItems and Orders from One Identity Manager Database?

We have got a lot of data in shoppingcartitems and orders table and that is causing some issues when users try to submit new orders. 

I'm trying to figure out, how is this data used internally in the product?

I can see that ShoppingCartItems being left in the table might just be submitted items which do not have any personwantsorg entry attached, though there are other entries too. I was able to delete all old orphan shoppingcartitems from the table without any issues but I'm reluctant to touch the ones which have uid_personwantsorg attached and I can see that they are either unsubscribe requests or prolongate requests. Why does 1IM retain these entries, is it a bug or a feature? if its a bug and this data is not required, can we delete this garbage?

For Shoppingcartorders table, I can see that all entries are referenced from personwantsorg table and I assume it might just be to back track the requests though it wouldn't give a complete picture of what items were submitted in the order (as items are usually deleted as soon as order is submitted). So what essentially is the purpose of keeping all submitted shoppingcartorders?