how to connect to admin tools using Active Directory password authentication?

Hi,

We are trying to connect to admin tools using "Active Directory Password" authentication and system type used is "SQL Server". Provided below values

1. UserID : <Active Directory Domain>\<Username>

2. Password : Password of AD user

3. Initial Catalog : Database name

4. Authentication : Active Directory Password

5. Server 

I am getting below error when I try to test the connection

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The target principal name is incorrect.)
The target principal name is incorrect

How to resolve this issue?

Parents
  • Not sure if this is your issue, but the tools use two logins, one for connection to the SQL server (this identity needs to be defined in Security in the database) and the second is the user using the tools (an identity in Identity Manager). The first time you setup the tool (i,e. when you have to specify the database), the first login is your SQL account login, the second login is your IDM login; after that you only specify your IDM login because the tool already provided your SQL login (saved in the connection).

• Not sure if this is your issue, but the tools use two logins, one for connection to the SQL server (this identity needs to be defined in Security in the database) and the second is the user using the tools (an identity in Identity Manager). The first time you setup the tool (i,e. when you have to specify the database), the first login is your SQL account login, the second login is your IDM login; after that you only specify your IDM login because the tool already provided your SQL login (saved in the connection).

Children
No Data