How to synchronize just one Organizational Unit

Hi all!

I need to do something unusual, I think, and I really need an advice.

I have a standard Active Directory synchronization project that synchronizes all the AD objects.

I need to build another workflow based on that project to just synchronized a given Organizational unit.

I’m wondering which is the best way to do that.

Thanks in advance

Alberto

• Hi,

You could create a schema class that targets the one OU ..... but be careful ..... make sure your Object matching rules are correct and make sure that your workflow processing rules don't delete all the other OU's (for example).

HTH, Barry.

• Hi Barry,

I really thank you for your quick answer. What you suggested was what I was planning to do… but I am not sure about next steps.  

Let’s say I create a schema class “Organization Unit xxxxx” (I just have to synch from AD to OI) where xxxxx is the OU I need to synch. I filter the “Organization Unit xxxxx” schema class by CanonicalName = “domain/yyyyyy/xxxxx” and of course it gets the ou I need.

Now, according to your opinion, should I also define schama classes (and mapping rules) for all the other objects (Groups, Users, Containers… and so on) or there is a way to use the default schema classes and limit the scoop to my specific OU? I would be very grateful if you give me some more tips, considering that I have never had experience in doing such massive customization of a synch project.

Thanks again in advance

Alberto