How to synchronize just one Organizational Unit

Hi all!

I need to do something unusual, I think, and I really need an advice.

I have a standard Active Directory synchronization project that synchronizes all the AD objects.

I need to build another workflow based on that project to just synchronized a given Organizational unit.

I’m wondering which is the best way to do that.

Thanks in advance

Alberto

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Barry,

I really thank you for your quick answer. What you suggested was what I was planning to do… but I am not sure about next steps.  

Let’s say I create a schema class “Organization Unit xxxxx” (I just have to synch from AD to OI) where xxxxx is the OU I need to synch. I filter the “Organization Unit xxxxx” schema class by CanonicalName = “domain/yyyyyy/xxxxx” and of course it gets the ou I need.

Now, according to your opinion, should I also define schama classes (and mapping rules) for all the other objects (Groups, Users, Containers… and so on) or there is a way to use the default schema classes and limit the scoop to my specific OU? I would be very grateful if you give me some more tips, considering that I have never had experience in doing such massive customization of a synch project.

Thanks again in advance

Alberto