One Identity Manager Service not available in the windows services after upgrade to 8.0.5

Hi everyone, I just updated identity manager from 8.0.2 to 8.0.5. Followed below steps:

1. DB consistency was 100% ok

2. all schedules were stopped

3. DB queue was cleared.

4. Full back of DB was in place

5. one Identity Manager service was stopped on both job servers (we have two job servers in our environment).

6. Launched setup on the job server with Update role and installed job service in the same location as old service (This would update the existing service)

7. relaunched the setup and installed the management tools and updated the DB. Everything went well.

Now I wanted to verify the upgrade and I launched windows services to start the one Identity Manager service on the update server but couldn't find the service itself. On the second job server, when I tried to launch the manager tool. it says DB has to be compiled. Did I miss something here?

Best regards,

Daniel

• In step 7, where did you installed the management tools, on a separate workstation or where?

Did the configuration wizard run without any errors?

• Hi Markus, thanks for the reply. Initially my update server didn't had management tools. There was another job server which was also acting as a admin workstation.

Just before the whole upgrade, I installed tools on the update server and at step 7, executed db update and db compilation there. I faced an error in DB compilation which did not appear in the consistency. 

Cutting long story short, restored db, reapplied vm snapshots, corrected errors faced in compilation and went through the whole plan again. 

Few days ago, I again attempted the upgrade and this this time, I followed steps in the 8.0.5 release notes word by word (at step 7, I initiated config wizard on the workstation rather than the update server). Upgrade was successful and now planning in production next week. I prepared one guide which I am not able to attach with my reply.

Best regards,

Danial

• Good to hear that you got it working. Thanks for the reply.