Web Portal editing IsInActive or ExitDate values

Using version 8.1.2, I am trying to edit values for either ExitDate or IsInActive fields, however I get a popup error message: "An error has occurred. The value is invalid Only date values are accepted. Verify your input." for the ExitDate and "An error has occurred. The value "true" is invalid. Verify your input." when trying to edit via Web Portal. Any other way editing the values works without an issue. Web Portal seems to think that input is of type string, not sure how as IsInActive field is a checkbox and ExitDate is a calendar popup. Looking in Web Designer I am directed to VI_Edit_Checkbox for IsInActive and VI_Edit_PropertyCaption for the date but I am not seeing any restriction there, no extensions were made there. Also, no restrictions on fields themselves in Web config project.

Has anyone seen this, is there some restrictions I am missing that attempts to force set a value as string into non-string data type fields?

Thanks,

Sergei

Parents
  • Hi Sergei,

on which page are you in the portal? Is it a custom page, or in standard Web?

I had no problem as direct Manager on VI_Employee_EditMasterData. I see a checkbox for isinactive and a date/time control for the exit date.

Please check your columns in Designer, maybe something is configured wrong there.

Regards,

Geraldine

• Geraldine,

That is correct, I am in OOTB VI_Employee_EditMasterData module, the only customizations that I see is additional columns have been added to the page via web project config to Personal/Org/Location. Column fields however are OOTB that are having an issue, there are other checkboxes and date fields on that page and I have no issue modifying those, but IsInActive and ExitDate. The issue seems to be the input fields on the page itself take input as string values. I've been looking in Designer and don't see anything that would indicate input manipulation, templates on those columns are custom but nothing that would restrict the input. I've also tried direct Manager and admin roles to see whether it was anything permission related. Really odd behavior that I am not seeing in 8.1.4 environment.

Thanks,

Sergei

• Geraldine,

That is correct, I am in OOTB VI_Employee_EditMasterData module, the only customizations that I see is additional columns have been added to the page via web project config to Personal/Org/Location. Column fields however are OOTB that are having an issue, there are other checkboxes and date fields on that page and I have no issue modifying those, but IsInActive and ExitDate. The issue seems to be the input fields on the page itself take input as string values. I've been looking in Designer and don't see anything that would indicate input manipulation, templates on those columns are custom but nothing that would restrict the input. I've also tried direct Manager and admin roles to see whether it was anything permission related. Really odd behavior that I am not seeing in 8.1.4 environment.

Thanks,

Sergei

Children