Edit IT Shop Request Page

Dear all,

I'm trying to edit the Request Page of the IT Shop, however I can't seem to find a correct way to do it.

I would like to make 2 main changes:

1. I need the "include child categories" field to appear selected when the page is opened;

2. In the product list, I need to display more columns with other different filters.

Currently, I'm using One Identity Manager v 8.1.4.

Thanks in advance,

Alessio.

• Both the steps require the use of the Web Designer tool

Point 1

• You will need to modify the module VI_ITShop_ProductSelection within the Web Designer tool. 
    • Once it is open, navigate to the Initializer node and right click on it and select Object in Extension.
    • You can add the change as a custom configuration or add to an extension. I would recommend the latter. 
    • Next, select Data actions and then Update 
    • For the new update node, set the collection value to Container and then for the property, set this to IncludeChildCategories.
    • For the value field, enter True
    • Remember to save and compile

Point 2 

This is a little more complicated and it all depends on the additional column(s) that you want to add. 

If you just want to use a column from the AccProduct (Service Item) or AccProductGroup (Service Category) tables, you can use existing collections that are already defined within the module (VI_ITShop_ProductSelection) otherwise a new collection will a new source will have to be defined. 

Note: You can also add additional attributes to the grey DetailPane component to the right using configuration parameters which is quicker. 

In the following steps, i will assume that you want to add the CustomProperty01 attribute from the AccProduct table to the product list.

• First, like in step 1, you will have to modify the module VI_ITShop_ProductSelection within the Web Designer. 
      • I highly reccommend that you create a copy of the module as you won't be able to move nodes higher up the tree and therefore the new column will be displayed after the last current column which is the request button. 
    • Next, navigate to the Grid Band node using the following node path: VI_ITShop_ProductSelection\Forms\FindProduct\Main\Container11 - Product list master/detail\MasterDetailControl1\MasterPane1\Container\Grid2\Grid band: AccProductCandidate
    • Right click on the node and click on Column from the context menu

• Next, right click on the new column node that was created in the tree and click on Move up so that it comes before the Request column which is GridColumn4 for me.

• Expand the new column node that we just created and right click on the Header Cell and click on Display nodes and then select Label.

• Click on the Label node and set a text value. This will be the column header name.

• Now, right click on the new column node and click on Cell 

• Right click on the new cell node and select Display nodes and then Label

• Click on the label and within the label text field, type in from accproductcandidate select current customproperty01 
      • AccProductCandidate contains AccProduct objects in this module.

• Finally, click back on the new column node and check the box for Filter column and select the filter column which in this case is CustomProperty01.

Hope that helped. I'm on V8.1.3 in my lab so i'm not sure if certain node names are different but hopefully the screenshots help a little.

Thanks

Yahya

• Thank you so much Yahya, your instructions are exactly what I needed!

Alessio