DB Queue slow processing version 8.1.2

Hi All,

I would like to know what is the best thing to look at, and or solution for the DB queue that has been processing slowly we have lots of pending processes in job queue and it has been 2 days.

Hope someone can enlighten me in resolving this issue. Thank you so much!

We are currently using version 8.1.2 

• Hi,

I would start by looking at the System Journal ...... there is a high dependency between jobs that run in the JobQueue and jobs that run in the DBQueue.  Look for resets in the System Journal and the cause of those resets.  If you have frozen or not yet processed jobs in the JQ these could be causing resets in the DBQ and vice-versa.

Also take a look at activity monitor in SSMS .... do you have head blockers? Do you have long running statements that you can identify and investigate? Custom approval procedures can be a prime candidate.

HTH, Barry.

• Hi Barry, 

Thank you for pointing that out. I can see that there are lots of messages in the system journal:

DBQueue task not processed because of outstanding elements. Table: O3EMailbox.

Dead slot resetted; number=004, type = Agent, Task = CSM-K-UserInGroup, code = A -2.

I can start from here since I have identified some of the blocker. 

Thank you so much!