Server seems to have no valid authentication mechanisms configured -> trying without authentication.

Hi,

OneIM version 8.2.1

I have configured the SMTP service account in Mail notification. But we kept getting an authentication error.

I have ensured the credentials are working and mail is going through the telnet command.

Server seems to have no valid authentication mechanisms configured -> trying without authentication.
    [MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpCommandException] 5.7.1 Unable to relay
       at StdioProcessor.StdioProcessor._Execute(Job job)
       at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent.Activate(String task)
       at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent._SendRichMail()
       at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent._Send(MimeMessage message, MailSecurity security)
       at MailKit.MailTransport.Send(MimeMessage message, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress)
       at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Send(FormatOptions options, MimeMessage message, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransferProgress progress)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.<SendAsync>d__132.MoveNext()
       at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.<SendAsync>d__132.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.<FlushCommandQueueAsync>d__81.MoveNext()
       at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.ProcessRcptToResponse(MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress mailbox, SmtpResponse response)
       at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.OnRecipientNotAccepted(MimeMessage message, MailboxAddress mailbox, SmtpResponse response)

Thanks,

Parents Reply Children
  • What is transport security set too? What are the parameters for the failed job? You can get this in job queue info, ensure to enable the parameter view via the view menu at the top in job queue info. Then if you click on the failed job it will give you the parameters used for that job. We should see what is being used for the SMTP connection. I am curious as to what the transport security will say, I believe it will be auto and if that is the case then you might want to try none. This can be set here in Designer:

Common\MailNotification\TransportSecurity