Question regarding Exchange Sync project - Mailboxstatistics

Hello Community,

we are using One Identity Manager version 8.1.5

We have made a strange observation in our development environment that we currently cannot explain.

We are using the Exchange Sync project for Exchange 2016 and the following message / error appears in the synchronization log.

Message context: Duplicate key (intersection calculation)

Message context: Duplicate key (intersection calculation)
The object matching rule (Object GUID <-> Identity) returned the following 2 objects with the same key (ObjectID).

These objects were ignored.
Microsoft Exchange (Mailboxstatistics - Target system)
Microsoft Exchange (Mailboxstatistics - Target system)

On closer inspection, it appears that from the One IM (Sync Editor-  Target Browser - Schema Type Mailboxstatistics) point of view, there are indeed 2 objects with the ObjectID - but looking directly into Exchange, there is no object with this ID to be found. 

What could explain this observation?

• If the duplicated object shows up in the synchronization editors target system browser then it must exist somewhere within Microsoft Exchange. The target system browser is just looking at the target system and this is what is being reported back by that target system.

• Thanks Troy for your feedback

It is strange, when I run the following PowerShell commands from the JobServer that handles the communication with Exchange I get a result - but only 1 and not 2

$creds = Get-Credential
    $session = New-PSSession -Configurationname Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://<Exchange-Server>/powershell -Credential $creds -Authentication Kerberos
    Import-PsSession $session
    Get-Mailboxstatistics -Identity "<Object-ID>"

My colleagues who administer Exchange have not been able to find the object so far, so we will keep looking.