Migrating sync project to 9.0

After migrating from 8.1 to 9.0 IDM starts the DPR_Migrate_Shells jobs as expected to migrate the sync projects into the newest version.

The issue is that the credentials for the associated connections are wrong (sql users were changed), therefore the jobs are going frozen with this error message:

[810143] Database error 18470: Login failed for user 'oldsql_user'. Reason: The account is disabled.
[System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException] Login failed for user 'oldsql_user'. Reason: The account is disabled.

And changing them in the sync editor does not work due to the error message that the sync project is currently being worked on by a system process and saving is not possible, although the DPR_Migrate_Shells jobs were already closed with error:

Is there any way to change the connection credentials to fix this issue? Or any other way in general?

Thanks!

• You can lift the write protection of the synchronization project using the Object Browser to be able to change the uses in the project. But you will need to trigger the sync. project migration after you changed the connection user. This can be done with the Object Browser as well.

1. Open the Synchronization Project in the Object Browser (DPRShell) and set Bit 1 (adding 2 to the value of the property) of the value IsFinalized (in the dropdown By System). Save the object.
    2. You should now be able to edit the synchronization project in the Synchronization Editor. Edit your connection settings and save the synchronization project.
    3. In the Object Browser, fire the event Migrate for the synchronization project.

HTH

• This worked for me, don't know if it's supported technicaly!

Start the objectBrowser go to table DPRShell edit the following properties of the sync project object.
    Set property IsFinalized = By system, and clear message in 'LastMigrationError'. Save object

Start syncEditor change the password. Save project.
    Back in objectBrowser clear property IsFinalized. Save object.
    Restart frozen migration process or end it and trigger it again from the objectBrowser (Event: Migrate)

• Thank you very much, this was the solution!

• Thanks for the solution, you made my day. If I face any more issue, I will message you here. If you are seeking for the greatest essay writer online but are unable to locate one, you may view this useful content where you will find several sites that can assist you in completing your essay writing project.