How to assign automatically Distribution Groups

Hi,

I have to assign automatically Azure AD distribution groups to some accounts if they have the mailbox enabled and also depending of their location.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Elena

• Unfortunately there is no conditional inheritance. Therefore you will have to build a business role copy of your locations. Those BR you assign the relevant distribution group and the identities with the conditions (here: are mailbox enabled).

Depending on the number of locations you may use dynamicGroups to calculate the BR-members. But beyond a few 100 this introduces performance issues and becomes a nightmare to maintain.

I have a process running after HR imports or location imports that syncs the location tree to the BR using views a SyncProject. (Actually it does copy multiple hierarchies into even more business roles with distinct conditions). Afterwards it uses a script to calculate the members based on the condition and orignal hierarchy.
    Experience: The SyncProject got more complicated than initially envisioned. It might be easier to do that in a script also. 
    Experience2: I wanted to use the SyncProject for the members also, but was way to inperformant (hours), the script I have now is easy and does it in seconds