Is there a Permission Group in v9.1 that allows the creation of passcodes for ALL Users

I have a customer that wants to allow their on-boarding team to create passcodes for all employees but I'm not able to pinpoint this specific permission group in Designer. Can someone please direct me to the correct group that allows passcode generation and clarify if that will allow an employee to generate passcodes for ALL employees?

Parents
  • Hi Billy,

In Manager please grant "Base Roles/OperationsSupport"  and "Base Roles/Operations Support/Password help desk" to any of the members of your on-boarding team , then access the Operations Support Portal (Apiserver) . That would allow that member to generate passcodes for all employees (tested in v91)

•  the permissions you gave me did indeed work but I noticed it only generates the first half of the passcode and sends the second half of the passcode to the Manager. Is there a way to generate the full passcode?

• Hi  , in v91, when you issue a passcode for a user through the Operations Support Portal, that passcode only allows logon on the Password portal, nothing is sent to the manager. Maybe I'm missing something , but in my case it works and I can logon to the Password Portal to change my passwords.

• Interesting. I am trying to do this in a v91 Skytap Demo session instead of the customer environment. I have no issue creating the passcode in the Operations Support portal. But I do find it odd it's only giving me the first half and sending the second half to the Manager.

There's even a process in Designer called "QER_Person_Send mail second half of passcode"; I tried disabling it to see if it would generate the full code and it unfortunately did not. So far, I've been unsuccessful tracking down any connected process that splits the passcode into 2 parts. 

I'm unable to add my screenshot to this post but this is the regular behavior for this action - at least in the skytap session. 

• Interesting. I am trying to do this in a v91 Skytap Demo session instead of the customer environment. I have no issue creating the passcode in the Operations Support portal. But I do find it odd it's only giving me the first half and sending the second half to the Manager.

There's even a process in Designer called "QER_Person_Send mail second half of passcode"; I tried disabling it to see if it would generate the full code and it unfortunately did not. So far, I've been unsuccessful tracking down any connected process that splits the passcode into 2 parts. 

I'm unable to add my screenshot to this post but this is the regular behavior for this action - at least in the skytap session. 

Children