It is not allowed to use the local machine as install destination

Hello,

Installing D1IM 7 on a VM for training, is there a way to install job server on the same server? Getting this error: It is not allowed to use the local machine as install destination.

Is there a way to overcome/bypass this error and install job server on the same server.

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi,

as I have written in my answer before, yes there is a way to install Job Server on the same server (single VM environment).

I'm qouting again:

To install and configure the One Identity Manager Service manually on a server

• Install One Identity Manager components with the installation wizard.
      • Configure One Identity Manager Service with the program "Job Service Configuration".
      • Declare the Job server in the Designer. Create a corresponding Job server entry for every Queue.

In your case, you can ommit the last step.

And just for clarification, this is a technical Limitation, so this cannot be left to the People implementing it. There is a way to get want you want, but not in the way you think of. So please, use the steps described.

• Hi,

as I have written in my answer before, yes there is a way to install Job Server on the same server (single VM environment).

I'm qouting again:

To install and configure the One Identity Manager Service manually on a server

• Install One Identity Manager components with the installation wizard.
      • Configure One Identity Manager Service with the program "Job Service Configuration".
      • Declare the Job server in the Designer. Create a corresponding Job server entry for every Queue.

In your case, you can ommit the last step.

And just for clarification, this is a technical Limitation, so this cannot be left to the People implementing it. There is a way to get want you want, but not in the way you think of. So please, use the steps described.

Children