It is not allowed to use the local machine as install destination

Hello,

Installing D1IM 7 on a VM for training, is there a way to install job server on the same server? Getting this error: It is not allowed to use the local machine as install destination.

Is there a way to overcome/bypass this error and install job server on the same server.

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi,

as I have written in my answer before, yes there is a way to install Job Server on the same server (single VM environment).

I'm qouting again:

To install and configure the One Identity Manager Service manually on a server

• Install One Identity Manager components with the installation wizard.
      • Configure One Identity Manager Service with the program "Job Service Configuration".
      • Declare the Job server in the Designer. Create a corresponding Job server entry for every Queue.

In your case, you can ommit the last step.

And just for clarification, this is a technical Limitation, so this cannot be left to the People implementing it. There is a way to get want you want, but not in the way you think of. So please, use the steps described.

• Hi, I have the same problem and this answer doesn't help. because at the end it requires user name and password for job service configuration, and you don't have any other service except your one SQL server that you have. And of course, you get this error. 

Reply Children