This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manager - Idiots Guide to Creating a Report Workflow

Quest Gurus,

I need some help in setting up a report workflow for attestation. Basically, our current setup will simply run an attestation build for each of the apps we have added to Q1 but once the user approves or denies someone, nothing happens. We are currently NOT wanting to use the auto-provision functions because there are too many variables in some of those provisioning steps. Instead, I would simply like a report to be generated that shows who was approved and by whom that we can take to internal audit. Based off my limited understanding of workfows, I have already created an approval workflow but I have not created a report workflow. I think I have to build a report workflow and add it to the approval policy or procedure.

Is this correct? If so, how might I accomplish this? If someone has a link to a step by step, that would be awesome. Thanks!

• In addition, you might want to check out the Configuration guide. The info that you are looking for starts on page 356.

• George, I looked at the guide again and everything I want to do it tells me to go look at the Stimulsoft webpage. I got the guide from their site but it doesn't make sense to me either. The functions seem different and hard to track down when wrapped in Quest. There is no easy "Here is how you add a header" item.

Carsten - where in the Table properties do you suggest I look? I have tried adjusting the "Header Rows Count" to 1 but it just prints a blank row above the actual entry. I tried using the WSYWIG editor to select the values and put them in the header row. It just prints double the rows of data I need. Is there a function I am missing somewhere?

• Option A) Just place a text entry in the header row and enter your header text for each column.

Option B) If you want to use the columnname as stated in the query, drag them from the report dictionary into each individual column. You'll see data parts, the column name and the column value. Just remove the column value and you're done.

• Thank you! I think I have a report that works now! I appreciate everyone's feedback. With input from you guys, I was able to create a report that I think will serve our purposes! Now if I can get this thing to publish to the Web Portal then life will be good.

• Which is the perfect transition from building the report into the report subscription to make the report available via ITShop and automated distribution.

• Hi Dave,

I would recommend to make sure, that the users, who see the report have the necessary rights. Otherwise some user might not see everything.

You know all tables that are affected by your SQL, and you need viewing permissions for them. See "Updating the Viewing Condition for a table" for help.

Regards,

Geraldine

• Hi Dave,

We have a very similar requirement as you have mentioned above. Is it possible if you could share the query you have used to build this report? It would very helpful as I need to design an exact same report.

Thanks so much.

Alok

• Hi everyone,

I have a custom report working as intended with input parameters, this report is subscribable via the web portal. So I have achieved the 'recommended' way.
    However a client may want to have this report sent automatically after an attestation case has been dealt with.

Regarding the initial requirement stated by Dave, which was to create a report within a workflow after the attestation was performed. Is this possible and if so how would I go about it?

Thanks

Ash