This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add IP Address to reports

Hi,

For the user actions Report would it be possible to add a column with the ipaddress of the user's machine form which the action was performed?

thanks,

Rob.

Parents
  • Hi,

I believe I was able to add the IPAddress of the client to the PM reports as follows:

- copying and modifying the OOTB PM database view called 'vw_report_Actions' to include the IPAddress which is logged in the Data tables in the xml entries.  We retrieve in addition this atribute in the view:   t.n.value('Principal[1]/IPAddress[1]', 'nvarchar(max)') as [PrincipalIPAddress].

<Record xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><Instance>demoapp.demolab.com</Instance><Operation>Captcha</Operation><OperationName>Enter CAPTCHA</OperationName><Principal><DisplayName>Hunter Patrick</DisplayName><Domain>demolab.com</Domain><Id>PATRICK.HUNTER</Id><IPAddress>10.0.0.6</IPAddress>

<Role>User</Role></Principal><Time>2015-11-24T17:44:01.8880721Z</Time><RequestID>5ed74919-dfe3-4742-94fc-1e9fc0d25a12</RequestID><Result>Success</Result><ResultName>Execution successful</ResultName><User><DisplayName>Hunter Patrick</DisplayName><Domain>demolab.com</Domain><Id>PATRICK.HUNTER</Id></User></Record>

- copying and modifying the OOTB User Actions report so that it's DataSet references the new view and IPAddress attribute

- adding this newly available attribute to the report layout

Rob.

• Hi,

I believe I was able to add the IPAddress of the client to the PM reports as follows:

- copying and modifying the OOTB PM database view called 'vw_report_Actions' to include the IPAddress which is logged in the Data tables in the xml entries.  We retrieve in addition this atribute in the view:   t.n.value('Principal[1]/IPAddress[1]', 'nvarchar(max)') as [PrincipalIPAddress].

<Record xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><Instance>demoapp.demolab.com</Instance><Operation>Captcha</Operation><OperationName>Enter CAPTCHA</OperationName><Principal><DisplayName>Hunter Patrick</DisplayName><Domain>demolab.com</Domain><Id>PATRICK.HUNTER</Id><IPAddress>10.0.0.6</IPAddress>

<Role>User</Role></Principal><Time>2015-11-24T17:44:01.8880721Z</Time><RequestID>5ed74919-dfe3-4742-94fc-1e9fc0d25a12</RequestID><Result>Success</Result><ResultName>Execution successful</ResultName><User><DisplayName>Hunter Patrick</DisplayName><Domain>demolab.com</Domain><Id>PATRICK.HUNTER</Id></User></Record>

- copying and modifying the OOTB User Actions report so that it's DataSet references the new view and IPAddress attribute

- adding this newly available attribute to the report layout

Rob.

Children
No Data