This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Howto implement reCaptcha v2

Hi experts,

I have realized that implementing the recaptcha functionality is not so straight forward.

I am guessing that just adding the activity “Display reCAPTCHA” is not enough. That I need to make a POST to google with the g-recaptcha-response (html) content in order to verify the users response (developers.google.com/.../verify)… But I do not have a clue of how to do this from the powershell script we are supposed to use.

Has someone implemented this successfully? How is it done?

Thanks a lot for the help, any clue will do.

• What version of Password Manager are you running?

For 5.7 there are 2 fixes for version 2 support:
    support.oneidentity.com/.../download-new-releases

And 5.6.3, one fix:
    support.oneidentity.com/.../6079997
  • We are currently running version 5.7.1.469 of the Password Manager.

When browsing the hot fixes page for 5.7.1 I find one related to not being able to see the reCAPTCHA in SPE, which is not my issue.

My reCAPTCHA activity seems to work. It is displayed and you can interact with it, but once you have passed the reCAPTCHA and the little green tick is displayed… you click on “next” to go to the next activity of the workflow and an error message is displayed: “The reCAPTCHA was not entered correctly”. I am starting to think I must be a robot.

Recently I discovered another reCAPTCHA issue. There is an option to put a reCAPTCHA when logging in:

General Settings > Search and Logon Options : Show a security image to prevent bot attacks.

When activated, it again displays the reCAPTCHA correctly…. But this time you are able to log in whether you pass the reCAPTCHA or you don’t.
  • Hi Oscar,

Please open a Service Request with Support so we can investigate further.

Thank you