Network X1 - little doubt

The customer would like to configure interface X1, thus changing the current IP (it is now 192.168.10.105) to an internal IP. This way they can have two accesses to the SPP node, right? And they have the possibility, if the first network goes down (for X0) to access the node via the second X1 interface with another IP (and NOT THE SAME). Is this correct? This implementation is to have a "Full Tolerance", right? Is the only way to use X1 interface? Is the right way? The customer told me about a trunk but i am not sure this is the case.

Thank you for any details/information you can give me.

• Hi Dario,

The Network Interface (X1) can be used to add additional virtual network adapters associated with the X1 ethernet port to enable VLAN support via a trunk connection correct.

By default, when you add VLAN interfaces, these are enabled for platform tasks only, However, an Admin can enable turning on services (such as Web UI or A2A or SPP API) on X1 besides X0. Services cannot be turned off on X0 fyi.

This feature is meant to allow SPP to be able to access segmented VLAN Networks within the environment (No overlapping IPs exist in this use-case)

The feature is NOT meant for "Full Tolerance" - for this, SPP provides HA via Clustering.

Thanks!

• Hi Tawfiq,
    Regarding your answer above, HOW can an Admin turn on services (such as Web UI, A2A or API) on interface X1?

Thanks for your reply!

• Hi Maurice,

I would suggest to consult with One Identity Professional Services team on this as a lot has changed since that feature was released.

Thanks!