CAL Licenses for RDS Server for RDP Application implementation

Hello,

i was wondering how the access to the RDS Server is managed when implementing RDP Apllication protocol, in particular i'm talking about simultaneous access by using a single account.

Usually we specify in the entitlement which user is going to log into the RDS Server, just like a service account, and so the user remains always the same.

But what happens when lots of different users need to log into different applications on the same RDS Server?

For example:

I decided to configure the entitlment so that X is going to be my "service account" for the RDS Server.

20 different users request different applications that only this particular RDS Server provides, so i'm expecting that all 20 are going to log into RDS Server with the account X.

How is the connection managed thought? Will all 20 be able to use the applications they requested?

If so, is there a particular configuration that needs to be done? Any particular CAL license is needed?

Hope that the use case is clear. Doen't hesitate to ask for further explanation otherwise.

Thank you,

Simone

• You can allow multiple RDP sessions per user on the RDS Host Server if you want to use the same account

To change this setting, you'll need to perform a registry change:
    1. Start Registry Editor (regedit. exe).
    2. Go to the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer
    3. If the fSingleSessionPerUser value doesn't exist, you can create a new DWORD value named fSingleSessionPerUser
    4. Open the fSingleSessionPerUser value. The possible values for this setting are as follows:
    0 Allow multiple sessions per user
    l
    Force each user to a single session
    5. Enter the new setting based on what you want to test with, and then click OK.