This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Updating EDS_CONTROL_OBJECT_DN Not Working - ARS 7

I've created a workstation deprovisioning policy, this policy changes properties, disabled and moves a workstation to a deprovisioned OU. This isn't a form policy, it's an attribute setter command. It flips a boolean to true which kicks off the policy and everything completes just fine expect it throws an administration error because it isn't updating the EDS_Control_Object_DN instead of updating the destination DN on the website. Below is the snippet of code from the onPostModify function:

#Disable and move Object to Defined OU and Refresh Page with Correct DN
Disable-QADComputer $GUID
$MoveResult = Move-QADObject $DN -NewParentContainer $newParent -Proxy
$RenameResult = Rename-QADObject $MoveResult.DN -NewName $newCN -Proxy
$NewSamResult = Get-QADComputer $RenameResult.DN -Proxy | Set-QADComputer -sAMAccountName "$($newCN)$" -ObjectAttributes @{DNSHostName = ""; servicePrincipalName = ""} -Proxy
$Request.PutOutControl(11, 3, $NewSamResult.DN)

I've also noticed there is a way to set controls in the workflow in ARS 7 but that doesn't seem to work either. There isn't really any documentation on how to use that either.

Parents
  • Some things were in a workflow. I've now embedded everything into the workflow triggered by the specified virtual attribute changing to "True". It moves the object immediately and triggers the script. It runs exactly the way it did before, I turned on script debugging and this entry shows that it is setting the control but it obviously isn't getting passed to WI.

Call method '$Request.PutOutControl'
    Arguments list:
    [1] : Value=11 : Type=System.Int64
    [2] : Value=3 : Type=System.Int32
    [3] : Value=cn=TEST123{1},OU=DEPROVISIONED,OU=Workstations,DC=domain,DC=com : Type=System.String
    DEBUG: 37+ >>>> }
  • Some things were in a workflow. I've now embedded everything into the workflow triggered by the specified virtual attribute changing to "True". It moves the object immediately and triggers the script. It runs exactly the way it did before, I turned on script debugging and this entry shows that it is setting the control but it obviously isn't getting passed to WI.

Call method '$Request.PutOutControl'
    Arguments list:
    [1] : Value=11 : Type=System.Int64
    [2] : Value=3 : Type=System.Int32
    [3] : Value=cn=TEST123{1},OU=DEPROVISIONED,OU=Workstations,DC=domain,DC=com : Type=System.String
    DEBUG: 37+ >>>> }
Children
No Data