ARS Script Wiki and Best Practices. Still existing on Quest Website? Or only dead links to Dell Software?

Hello All,

I have to implement a solution, where I have to use Workflows with partly User Input and also getting Workflow information in Scripting (prefered PowerShell). I searched these forum for Knowledge about it, but I could not find much. And the few informations I found, was very vague with reference to read the "ARS script best practices" and "Script Wiki" with the following links (http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/iam/w/ars-script-wiki/6072.ars-script-policy-best-practices and http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/iam/w/ars-script-wiki).

But these links are dead links, and was created when Quest was owned by Dell Software.

Are there existing new updated links, where I can find these informations up to date on a Quest Website? I could not find a website, but maybe somebody knows more? I will be thankfull for informations about these topics!

Best Regards

Markus

Parents
  • Hey Markus

Couple of things:

1) I would suggest you report these broken links as you find them.

2) There was a recent thread from you about prompting users for input in workflows.  I had posted a reply but I didn't see you come back with any further questions like "What do you mean by..."

IMO, the current implementation for prompting users for input in workflows is clumsy so I tend to use virtual attributes in modified versions of the user properties page in the web UI for my solutions.  Workflows then get triggered by modifications to these attributes as I described in my previous post.  If you embed the URLs to the user properties page in your notifications, you can make this even more seamless for your admins.  Let me know if you want to see some sample code for that specific thing.

• Hey Markus

Couple of things:

1) I would suggest you report these broken links as you find them.

2) There was a recent thread from you about prompting users for input in workflows.  I had posted a reply but I didn't see you come back with any further questions like "What do you mean by..."

IMO, the current implementation for prompting users for input in workflows is clumsy so I tend to use virtual attributes in modified versions of the user properties page in the web UI for my solutions.  Workflows then get triggered by modifications to these attributes as I described in my previous post.  If you embed the URLs to the user properties page in your notifications, you can make this even more seamless for your admins.  Let me know if you want to see some sample code for that specific thing.

Children
No Data