Approval Pop Up

Is there a way to edit the approval pop up window in the web interface? I don't really like the verbiage since it doesn't fit our use case. Or, better yet, is there a way to remove it entirely?

Parents
  • Couple of thoughts here:

1) There is no out-of-the-box way to customize this dialogue.  Generally, to try and do so outside of the product's built-in customization capabilities is a bad idea because it makes your customizations vulnerable to disruption by a version upgrade.

2) Have you looked at the Outlook add-in?  It's quite an elegant way to request approval using voting button like functionality in the Msft Outlook client.

• Ahhh, that's unfortunate. The current pop up also displays a link that is not found on our 7.3 version (the link to understanding workflows and approval), so I was seeing if there was a way to remove that dead link. (But more so in regards to changing the verbiage since our use case if not having the user make changes, just making a request which most users don't view as a change per say.)

• Ahhh, that's unfortunate. The current pop up also displays a link that is not found on our 7.3 version (the link to understanding workflows and approval), so I was seeing if there was a way to remove that dead link. (But more so in regards to changing the verbiage since our use case if not having the user make changes, just making a request which most users don't view as a change per say.)

Children
  • Hi

Which link isn't working?  Is it the one on the "Approval Required" dialog on the Web Interface, that says "Learn more about approval workflow"? If so, can you confirm where it is pointing to? Or is it a link in an email notification for an approval?

As Johnny said, customizing the dialogue boxes doesn't have OOTB tools to enable you to do this, and any changes you might make would probably be lost at upgrade, or how the customization works might have been changed altogether.

It is possible however to change text on the WI, as all these OOTB text are part of a language pack. However changing the value in one place will impact all items within all WI's on that server where that text (resource string) is used. But although it can be done, doesn't mean it should, or that the change you make would be officially supported.

• Morning! Yes, that is the link. It is pointing to a "Admin/Help/1033/Understanding_Approval.htm", which unless I am missing it, I don't see it anywhere in the Web/Public folders...

• Hi

Can you confirm the version of ARS? Also can you confirm if your going to one of the default ARS Web Sites (ARWebAdmin/ARWebHelpdesk/ARWebSelfService), also was it a fresh installation, or have you previously migrated from another version of ARS (like 6.x)

The reason I ask, is that the link it get on the "Approval Required" dialog box (the one you get when you've added new users and you have to "Specify a reason for your changes", links to "http://localhost/test/Approval/Dialogs/ApprovalConfirmation.aspx#" (In my case, my site it called "Test" rather than "ARWeb<something>")

Thanks

Stu

• Version is 7.3.1 and it was a fresh installation. So, my site is called "Admin" and when I click on the link in question, it shows: "http://localhost/admin/help/1033/Understanding_Approval.htm"   Which, when I on the actual server, to the 1033 folder, I don't see that file. I guess, really, if I had that file in that folder, it would solve it. But this brought up the question of changing the verbiage since we don't really need most of that information in that pop-up, but I digress.