This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Searching and exporting account information from Active Directory

I would like to do the following with AD accounts:

Export the following fields from Active Directory to an Excel sheet with the appropriate headers:

Under AD Account's General Tab: First Name, Last name, Display Name, Description, Office, Telephone Number, E-mail

Under AD Account's Address Tab: Street, City, State/province, Zip/Postal Code, Country/region

Under Organization Tab: Job Title, Department, Company, Manager

In addition, I want to control the extraction of data based on a combination of things such as accounts missing the Manager Name, Accounts without a Street, Accounts withou Phone Numbers, etc. At first, I want to be able to pull all of this information out of a root domain and all of its sub-domains.

Can someone provide examples of how to do the above in addition to any links to websites and books that may help me manipulate this data and other AD data (i.e. extracting the members of a security or distribution list to an Excel document, mailbox and it's aliases, etc).

Thank you.

Parents
  • If you really want to do this by way of scripting (and have the time and inclination to build and maintain the scripts, that's cool).  I love scripting very much myself.

BUT, if your boss might prefer you spend time doing other things, perhaps have a look at Enterprise Reporter:

software.dell.com/.../

It can get you all the information you described in a scheduled fashion exported as either formatted or unformatted (delimited text) output.

• If you really want to do this by way of scripting (and have the time and inclination to build and maintain the scripts, that's cool).  I love scripting very much myself.

BUT, if your boss might prefer you spend time doing other things, perhaps have a look at Enterprise Reporter:

software.dell.com/.../

It can get you all the information you described in a scheduled fashion exported as either formatted or unformatted (delimited text) output.

Children
No Data