This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ITShop - How to request on behalf of for approver role of specific system

Hi community,

I have a question/issue regarding 'request on behalf of' rule/visibility condition for specific UID_Org (or personinorg). If the requester is also the approver of the system entitlements, they should also be able to request on behalf of (for their system ONLY). This rule is in addition to ('or') the 'VI_ITShop_Filter_PersonOrderFor' config (e.g. managers, CISO, etc.). The condition below works, but not entirely and I'm trying to understand the differences between the modules/components.

Per the SQL condition, it is a rule in collections container 'CanOrderForSomebodyElse' - CCC_ITShop_ProductSelection:

NOTE: I also created collection for ITShopOrg

(isnull(request("uid_person"),"")=''
and
exists("person",

sqland(getconfig("VI_ITShop_Filter_PersonOrderFor"),
sqlcompare("uid_person", getuser(), "string", "notequal", "none"))))

or

(
exists("personinorg", sqland(variable(format("UID_Org in (select UID_Org from Org where Ident_Org = '{0} Approvers')", select ident_org from itshoporg where uid_itshoporg = (select uid_parentitshoporg from itshoporg where uid_accproduct = (select uid_accproduct from accproductcandidate)))), variable("uid_person = '%useruid%'")))
)

This works fine when clicking sub-menu Requests-->Request, then selecting the service category...

...BUT when clicking service category from VI_ITShop_Main or the general 'Requests' link, the 'request on behalf of' section does not appear...

The redirect and object reference 'appear' to be the same (but doesn't behave that way). Does anybody know why this is, or an easier way that I may be able to apply this visibility rule consistently across ITShop interface?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!!

Keno

• Hi Keno,

the behavior you want is achieved in the standard. So I guess your condition is troubling.
    I would put () around the first - standard - exits and your exits. Does that help?
    And I would check if your is condition true in all ways? As I can't tell, how you fill ITShopOrg.

Use the query editor to check.

Regards,
    Geraldine
  • Hi Geraldine,

Thank you for your response and guidance! The condition is correct, but depending on the 'request' link, there are different collections and containers that need to follow. Then there is the other aspect of someone clicking off of the system and onto another service category, then that collection needs to be reset since it is dynamic. I have another colleague on my team who is working to complete this now (actually on the last part of resetting the collections), but first thing we did together was validate the conditions as you mentioned above through the query editor.

Keno