This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

JobServer strange process step

Hi everyone,

Lately while checking the logs of my job server I've noticed this strange process step that keeps appearing :

Does anyone knows what this means?

FYI, this process step appears hundreds of times, as if it was in an infinite loop.

What worries me the most is the message "Process step uuid not found. Set MISSING state". I can't figure out what this message means.

Furthermore, this is causing the jobs in the job queue to take an eternity to execute.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards.

• The processes with the task CheckJob will be generated, when you do have long running jobs on the job services that haven't sent a status back into the queue.

The system will check after a configurable amount of time if the job is still running at the job service that fetched the job into it's internal cache (status of the process step is Loaded or Processing).

The result MISSING from the CheckJob execution states, that the process step couldn't be found executing on the job service.

The configuration parameter Common\Jobservice\LoadedJobsTimeOut allows you to tune the check interval. You could try to increase that to see, if the number of recurring CheckJob execution decrease.

For any further help, it would be great to know the version of One Identity Manager.

You could contact the product support as well for any additional assistance.

• Thank you for your answer Markus.

The One Identity Manager version is 7.0.

We have hundreds of jobs that are executed each day, so from what I understood, this process is checking for for the status of these jobs. As they have already finished and are no longer in the job queue, the MISSING state is set.

Does this make sense?

Thank you very much for your help!
  • Sorry, but just one more question. Are you using Microsoft SQL Server or an Oracle database as the your data storage?

• I think you should contact support and describe your issue. For me it looks like that maybe the defects VPR#24529 or VPR#26355 are affecting you.

Support should be able to help you identifying if that is the case. Please describe the issue and mention the defects as suggestion from the forum.

Thank you
  • OK, thank you for your kind help :)

Regards.