IT Shop new request Email process does not trigger

Hi Team,

We have set the email "IT Shop request - approval required" in the Approval workflow. But when the request is placed by the employee, the Process
"QBMDBQueueProcess:PWOHelperPWO" is triggered, but the process to send email doesn't starts "VI_ESS_PWOHelperPWO send mail new task for
approver".
After the request is approved the process "VI_ESS_PersonWantsOrg_Send Mail when Closed" is triggered successfully and email is received.

We have analyzed the Logs, the process should have started after the statement "The event DecisionRequired was triggered for 1 object(s) of type PWOHelperPWO" but doesn't.

We have also reviewed the Generating Condition for "VI_ESS_PWOHelperPWO send mail new task for approver" process and the values seems all correct to trigger the process.

Let us know if we are missing any configuration that is not allowing the first email to trigger.

Configuration: Dell Identity v7.0.1

Regards,
Sandeep M

• Hi,

Can you copy and paste the GenCondition? is the DefaultEmailAddress of the PersonHead not empty?

Regards,
    Tarigh
  • Hi Tarigh,

The PersonHead Email field is not empty. And please find below the GenCondition of process 'VI_ESS_PWOHelperPWO send mail new task for approver', its process step does not have any GenCondition.

Dim f As ISqlFormatter = Connection.SqlFormatter
    Value = Connection.GetConfigParm("QER\ITShop\MailTemplateIdents\RequestApproverByCollection")="" _
    AndAlso $FK(UID_PersonHead).DefaultEmailAddress$ <> "" _
    AndAlso values("UID_RichMail").ToString() <> "" _
    AndAlso not Connection.Exists("PWOHelperPWO", _
    f.AndRelation(f.Comparison("UID_PersonWantsOrg", $UID_PersonWantsOrg$, ValType.String, CompareOperator.Equal, FormatterOptions.None), _
    f.OrRelation(f.Comparison("UID_PersonAdditional", $UID_PersonHead$, ValType.String, CompareOperator.Equal, FormatterOptions.None), _
    f.Comparison("UID_PersonInsteadOf", $UID_PersonHead$, ValType.String, CompareOperator.Equal, FormatterOptions.None))))

Regards,
    Sandeep M
  • Hi Sandeep,

It does not work generally or only for a certain approval workflow?

have you customized the standard Jobchain "VI_ESS_PWOHelperPWO send mail new task for
    approver" ?
    is the Jobchain active?

is the any DialogMailNoSubscription entry according to this RichMail and User?

sorry for this questions but i want to be sure :-)

regards,
    Tarigh

• Hi,

It does not work at all, I have tried multiple times. In the logs the statement is captured "The event DecisionRequired was triggered for 1 object(s) of type PWOHelperPWO", but there is no Job Chain in the queue.
    We haven't customized it.

Do you know which procedure is call ed the backend that would start the event, I can analyze that code too.

Regards,
    Sandeep M
  • To debug the job generation, you have two options:

• Option 1: Turn on the jobgen.log in the globallog.config on the Job Server. The event will be generated using HandleObject components created by the DBQueueProcessor.
    • Option 2: You trace the parameters of the HandleObject jobs for the event generation in JobQueueInfo and then try to generate the event with the same parameters in ObjectBrowser with a trace log level turned on.
  • Are you able to generate the Jobchain in Designer simulationmode?
    i am not sure if this functionality is still there in the 7.x
    regards,
    Tarigh

• Hi all, Markus

We are facing a similar issue but maybe it is a little bit stranger. Version 8.12

We have two workflows. The first is currently in production, the second is meant to replace the first in production. But, unfortunately, the second workflow DOES NOT send mails.

We have a step, the same in both the workflows, that, once engaged, sends the mail to the approvers. The creepy thing is that email is sent only in the first workflow, while in the second one, not at all.  

The email is the same, the approvers the same, the product the same, everything is the same except the workflow.

Let me be very clear: it is really the same step: even if a query the pwodecisionstep, both the records differ only for the uid_pwodecisionstep (and of course XObjectID) and some ancillary data as xuserupdated xdateinserted and so on. It is the same.

Moreover, digging into the job queue, I realized that the Process Step “Created by QBMDBQueueProcess: call method MakeDecision for object type personwantsorg” is called or invoked only by the first workflow. After this, the “Created by QBMDBQueueProcess: fire event DecisionRequired for object type PWOHelperPWO” is called and email are send. In the second workflow, there is NO “Created by QBMDBQueueProcess: call method MakeDecision for object type personwantsorg” but the approval can still approve the request from their web portal.

I import in production the workflow through a change label: is it possible I missed something?

What should I do? Please, help me to understand and in case solve this issue.

thanks in advance.

Alberto

• What type of approval procedure is the step using, that doesn't send emails?

Are the persons, you are trying to send the emails to the same in both cases and do they all have an email address assigned?

• Hi Markus, I am so happy to read you!! You are the best problem solver ever!

The Approval Procedure is OA Product Owner. In both the scenarios, from the Manager (or even from any workflow tab in the web portal) I can see that the workflows pick up the correct Approvers. The stations work from that point of view. Moreover, in both the scenarios, if an approver logs in into his web portal, he can approve or deny the request, so it seems everything is fine.  The only problem is that the station in that second case does not send email. It does not neither fires the event DecisionRequired.

Just to be more detailed, if I change in the approval procedure the workflow, switching back to the old version, everything starts to work again: event is fires and emails sent to all 3 the approvers. I also tried to create from scratch a copy of the new workflow (so now I am dealing with 3 wfs) but no way: the new workflows do not send mail.

• Can you please share the value of the configuration parameters

QER\ITShop\AutoDecision
    QER\ITShop\DecisionOnInsert
    QER\ITShop\ReuseDecision

In addition, might I ask what the difference between the current and the new workflow is? Maybe the issue lies in the steps before the one you are checking.