IT Shop new request Email process does not trigger

Hi Team,

We have set the email "IT Shop request - approval required" in the Approval workflow. But when the request is placed by the employee, the Process
"QBMDBQueueProcess:PWOHelperPWO" is triggered, but the process to send email doesn't starts "VI_ESS_PWOHelperPWO send mail new task for
approver".
After the request is approved the process "VI_ESS_PersonWantsOrg_Send Mail when Closed" is triggered successfully and email is received.

We have analyzed the Logs, the process should have started after the statement "The event DecisionRequired was triggered for 1 object(s) of type PWOHelperPWO" but doesn't.

We have also reviewed the Generating Condition for "VI_ESS_PWOHelperPWO send mail new task for approver" process and the values seems all correct to trigger the process.

Let us know if we are missing any configuration that is not allowing the first email to trigger.

Configuration: Dell Identity v7.0.1

Regards,
Sandeep M

• Hi Markus

Yes, this is I also what I think.

OLD WORKFLOW

The first station was a “CD Calculated Decision” based station. The workflow has been changed a lot so the first station is still there even if maybe we could do something better. Anyway, if the first station returns “True” the product is assigned, otherwise the workflow engages the station that will create problem in the new workflow.

NEW WORKFLOW

The not working station (“Not Working Station”) is preceded by another station (“Station 1” – by the way, it is the first station of the new workflow) that does not ask for approval in case the requester is the approval. If the “Station 1” returns “True”, the workflow engages the “Not Working Station” otherwise the request is denied.

The “Station 1” is set as “No automatic approval = unchecked” while the “Not Working Station” is set as “No automatic approval = checked”.

So, I run these 2 tests:

• Requester = “Station 1 Approver”. Results:
      1. no mail sent in “Station 1” --> expected
      2. no mail sent in “Not Working Station” --> unexpected
    • Requester different from “Station 1" Approver. Results
      1. mail sent in “Station 1” to the only approver --> expected
      2. mails sent in “Not Working Station” to all the 3 approvers --> expected

The settings you asked for are as it follows:

ConfigParm                       Value                                   Enabled

AutoDecision                    AllStepsNoJump                  1

DecisionOnInsert              1                                           1

ReuseDecision                 1                                           1

I set those as my clients want:

• that the request is processed as soon as possible (DecisionOnInsert)
    • if a requestor has already be engaged in an approval step, he does not have to be engaged anymore during the same request, even if the steps are not subsequential. (AutoDecision + ReuseDecision, even if probably I should only set ReuseDecision, right?)

I hope I was clear enough.

Thanks

Alberto

• Hi Alberto,

thanks for the detailed information.

Please contact support and describe that you the same issue as described in SR4748345.

The solution should be the HF that is attached to this SR.

HtH

• THANKS a lot, I will do what u suggested! 

A

• Hi Sandeep,

I am facing the similar issue . The job got triggered yesterday but the mail was not sent. After approval the mail to the recipient is sent successfully , But the job "VI_ESS_PWOHelperPWO send mail new task for
    approver" is not getting triggered. 

• Hi Sandeep,

I am facing the similar issue . The job got triggered yesterday but the mail was not sent. After approval the mail to the recipient is sent successfully , But the job "VI_ESS_PWOHelperPWO send mail new task for
    approver" is not getting triggered.