This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Attestation Approval by E-mail Reply (Exchange Online)

I located the following technical document regarding attestation by e-mail responses, however I'm curious to know if this is possible in environments that do not have on premise Exchange, but have Exchange Online that is synchronized to AD without Identity Manager.

https://support.oneidentity.com/technical-documents/identity-manager/7.1.1/attestation-administration-guide/32#TOPIC-659001

The ideal scenario is that approvers are able to respond to an attestation request by e-mail on their mobiles, and to avoid the need for authentication within the internal network.

If this is not possible, are there any other recommended methods to approve or deny attestations without requiring the approver to located on the internal network?

Parents
  • Did you look at the configurations from this post?

https://www.quest.com/community/products/one-identity/f/identity-manager/20161/approval-by-mail-through-an-o365-mailbox

Also, one thing I did noticed is that o365 must of changed something because you will have to make a minor tweak.

1. Change the code to create the EWS to use Exchange2013_SP1 for "VI_MailApproval_ProcessInBox"

Old:

Dim ews As New ExchangeService(Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeVersion.Exchange2007_SP1)

New:

Dim ews As New ExchangeService(Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeVersion.Exchange2013_SP1)

Probably better if you coded it as switch so that you can go between On-Prem and Office 365.

Since we are changing that code, that means you must change the "process orchestration" that calls the ootb, which is called "VI_ITShop_Process Approval Inbox".

After that, all should work fine if you configure the configuration settings and create the approval workflows to use approval by mail.

• Did you look at the configurations from this post?

https://www.quest.com/community/products/one-identity/f/identity-manager/20161/approval-by-mail-through-an-o365-mailbox

Also, one thing I did noticed is that o365 must of changed something because you will have to make a minor tweak.

1. Change the code to create the EWS to use Exchange2013_SP1 for "VI_MailApproval_ProcessInBox"

Old:

Dim ews As New ExchangeService(Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeVersion.Exchange2007_SP1)

New:

Dim ews As New ExchangeService(Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeVersion.Exchange2013_SP1)

Probably better if you coded it as switch so that you can go between On-Prem and Office 365.

Since we are changing that code, that means you must change the "process orchestration" that calls the ootb, which is called "VI_ITShop_Process Approval Inbox".

After that, all should work fine if you configure the configuration settings and create the approval workflows to use approval by mail.

Children
No Data