This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Transport of IT Shop approval workflows and policies

We have an IT Shop approval workflow that is about 26 steps long which references many custom Business Roles for approvals.   Is there a way to transport IT Shop workflows using the Data Transporter tool?  Having to re-create the workflow when moving to another environment would be tiresome.

Parents
  • Thanks for the reply Barry.

So I've tried both methods and both methods end up with an error regarding a dependency on Business Role class or Org Root.  The workflow contains many approval steps that refer to users that belong to Business Roles under a Business Role class.  I manually created these roles and class in the other environment to see if that would fix the issue, but it does not.  It seems that it is looking specifically for the OrgRoot UID, which doesn't make sense because of course they would be different in the two environments.  Is there something I'm missing?

Screen shots of using the Data Transporter Tool:

Transport through change label:

Error:

• Thanks for the reply Barry.

So I've tried both methods and both methods end up with an error regarding a dependency on Business Role class or Org Root.  The workflow contains many approval steps that refer to users that belong to Business Roles under a Business Role class.  I manually created these roles and class in the other environment to see if that would fix the issue, but it does not.  It seems that it is looking specifically for the OrgRoot UID, which doesn't make sense because of course they would be different in the two environments.  Is there something I'm missing?

Screen shots of using the Data Transporter Tool:

Transport through change label:

Error:

Children
No Data