This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Timezone of the OIM Web Portal

Dear Community,

can someone tell me how the timezone of a user session is determined?

I have the problem that columns template is not calculating correct values if the trigger comes from a change made in the web portal.

If the same person makes that change in the ObjectBrowser or Manager the calculation is fine.

So I think that the Web Portal uses the wrong timezone in the users session.

Inside the users data Germany is selected as country (Person.UID_DialogCountry)

and the country is is correctly linked to the correct timezone "Berlin" (DialogCountryHasTimeZone)

Parents Reply Children
  • The main part of the template does the following:

Value = $ExitDate:Date$.Date.AddMinutes(-1).AddDays(1)

If I change the ExirtDate in the Manager or ObjectBrowser the resulting Database-Value is "2018-11-23 22:59:00" (The correct UTC value) Display in the Tools is "2018-11-23 23:59:00"

If I make that change in the Web-Portal (Same User) the resulting Database-Value is "2018-11-23 23:59:00" (Not correct) and the Display in all Tools is "2018-11-24 00:59:00"

My theory is that in the Fat-Clients the computers timezone is used to calculate values in column templates
    and in web maybe the users time-zone is used and fallback is utc. So what attribute is used to get the users timezone?