This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to add permissions on custom column

Hi,

We tried to create custom permission group of all the OOTB permission groups which were required for the custom column and added those permissions on the custom column but it is not working. Am I missing anything here? Do I need to configure anything else for this to work? Please suggest. Thank you.

Parents Reply Children
  • Answers to your questions

1. We are using version 8.0

2. We created a custom permission group of VI_4_AllManager and assigned this permission group to a custom column. For this custom column, we had checked "Can View" and "Can Insert" which means, user should be able to insert the data in custom column if there is no data available but if data is there, it should not be editable. This same permission is working for OOTB column but not for custom column.

3. Created custom permission group using the wizard available

• Just for clarification, CanInsert for a column is saying you can modify this column during an INSERT of the object.

And, did you assign your new permission group to an application role?

• yes so I want this same functionality when user inserts the object, it should be allowed to insert data in that specific custom column. But once added and saved, it should not be allowed to edit this custom column and yes I assigned this permission group to a application role

• Did you set an InsertWhereClause for the table in question? (1=1 is okay as well).

Did you test this in ObjectBrowser with the correct authenticator and checked the permission group assignments for the logged in user?