This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ADS_ADSGroup_Update Failing on some of the groups in one particular domain with Error.

We are getting jobs frozen when updating ADS Groups in One of the domain.  We have 3 domains in OneIM... two of them have no issues provisioning any changes.  One domain is having issues on ADS_ADSGroup_Update and sometimes on ADS_ADSGroup_Insert.  below is the error i am getting.  We tried to make a change thru SyncEditor and going to Browse for that group and the change was successful to AD.

ErrorMessages = (2019-04-03 13:54:59.630) [1777018] Error executing synchronization project (Active Directory Domain (DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc))'s workflow (Provisioning - tmk).
[1777124] Error executing projection step (group) of projection configuration (Provisioning - tmk (Provisioning)).
[1777219] Error executing synchronization step (group)!
[1777004] Method (Update object (Update)) could not be executed successfully.
[2226012] Error committing object CN=RG_780ITOP,OU=RoleGroups,OU=AllGroups,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc.(Error: Error committing object ea638b62-383a-47ae-9a6f-37a3df3da188.(Error: Querying GC://MKTMP1DC01.tmk.ent.lc using filter (DistinguishedName=CN=Tonja L. Armstrong,OU=DisabledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc)
Querying GC MKTMP1DC01.tmk.ent.lc results in error: The server is not operational.
Querying GC://o2tmp1dc01.tmk.ent.lc using filter (DistinguishedName=CN=Tonja L. Armstrong,OU=DisabledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc)
Error executing group_managedby_Set on object CN=RG_780ITOP,OU=RoleGroups,OU=AllGroups,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc (Error: [System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException] Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
[System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException] The server is not operational.
).
Error writing property vrtmanagedBy. The modification will rerun after committing object.
1 write operations on properties were deferred and will be executed now.
Property vrtmanagedBy will be set.
Querying GC://MKTMP1DC01.tmk.ent.lc using filter (DistinguishedName=CN=Tonja L. Armstrong,OU=DisabledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc)
Querying GC MKTMP1DC01.tmk.ent.lc results in error: The server is not operational.
Querying GC://o2tmp1dc01.tmk.ent.lc using filter (DistinguishedName=CN=Tonja L. Armstrong,OU=DisabledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc)
Error executing group_managedby_Set on object CN=RG_780ITOP,OU=RoleGroups,OU=AllGroups,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc (Error: [System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException] Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
).
The server is not operational.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Error writing one or more properties of object.
Object not committed successfully. Retrying using single property commit.
Property vrtmanagedBy will be set.
Querying GC://MKTMP1DC01.tmk.ent.lc using filter (DistinguishedName=CN=Tonja L. Armstrong,OU=DisabledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc)
).
The server is not operational.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
))
   at VI.Projector.JobComponent.ProjectorComponent._AdHocProjection()
   at VI.Projector.Database.ProjectorExecutor.Project(ISession session, IProjectionConfiguration configuration, ProjectionOption options, ISystemObject adHocObject, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at VI.Projector.Projection.Extensions.Execute(IProjectorEngine engine, IProjectionConfiguration configuration, ProjectionOption options, ISystemObject adHocObject, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   ---- Start of Inner Exception ----
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectorEngine.<ExecuteAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectionStrategy.<ExecuteStepAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectionStrategy.<ExecuteStepAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectionStrategyBase.<OnExecuteStepAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectionStrategyBase.<_ProcessIntersectionSetAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectionStrategyBase.<_ProcessMappingOfSystemObjectPairsAsync>d__21.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectionStrategyBase.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<_ProcessMappingOfSystemObjectPairsAsync>b__9()
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectionStrategyBase._ExecuteMethods(IProjectionStep step, SystemObjectMatchingSet matchingSet, ISystemConnection connection, ISchemaMethodAssignment[] methodAssignments, IList`1 systemObjectPairs, SystemMappingSide side, ProjectionDirection projectionDirection, Boolean forceReloadObject, Boolean ignoreQuotas)
   at VI.Projector.Projection.ProjectionStrategyBase._ExecuteMethodNative(ISystemConnection connection, SystemObjectMatchingSet matchingSet, ISchemaMethod method, IEnumerable`1 objectsWithAncestryToExecute, Boolean reloadObjects, Boolean isImport)
   at VI.Projector.Connection.SystemConnection.ExecuteMethod(ISchemaMethod method, IEnumerable`1 systemObjects, ExecuteMethodOptions option)
   at VI.Projector.Connection.SystemConnection.ExecuteMethod(ISchemaMethod method, IEnumerable`1 systemObjects, ExecuteMethodOptions option)
   at VI.Projector.Journal.JournalConnector.OnExecuteMethod(ExecuteMethodRequest request)
   at VI.Projector.Connection.Connectors.BottleNeckConnector._Redirect[T](Func`1 redirection)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at VI.Projector.Connection.Connectors.BottleNeckConnectorTask.Execute()
   at VI.Projector.Connection.Connectors.BottleNeckConnector.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<OnExecuteMethod>b__0()
   at VI.Projector.Connection.SystemConnector.ExecuteMethod(ExecuteMethodRequest request)
   at VI.Projector.Connection.SystemConnector.CommitObject(CommitObjectRequest request)
   at VI.Projector.ADS.ProjectorADSConnector.OnCommitObject(CommitObjectRequest request)
   at VI.Projector.ProjectorBaseConnector.HandleException(ObjectRequest request, Exception Ex)
Synchronization ended with errors.
You can find more detailed information in the log from Wednesday, April 3, 2019.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Parents
  • What version of Identity Manager. The error is suggesting that it cannot set the managedby attribute. Are you using a domain administrator for that domain?

• This is 8.0.1.  the AD Account has Domain Admin access.  Also, we were able to make a change when i browsed thru sync editor then going to Target system.  This worked perfectly fine...  thoughts?

• What kind of change did you make? Did you set the managedby attribute or just add a member? I believe the problem is it is queriying the GC for the current group manager and is unable to find it. Can you make that same query via Power Shell to the same object using the same server where this is happening?

• get-aduser -LDAPFilter "(DistinguishedName=CN=Tonja L. Armstrong, OU=DisabvledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc)" -searchscope subtree

When I run that on my job server it comes back with the correct result. Make sure you have the ADTools feature enabled on the server or you won't be able to run the import-module activedirectory in PowerShell.

• spelling error in my last one, plese try this one via power shell

get-aduser -LDAPFilter "(DistinguishedName=CN=Tonja L. Armstrong, OU=DisabledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc)" -searchscope subtree

• Hi Troy,

I ran the powershell and got the below result.

PS H:\> get-aduser -LDAPFilter "(DistinguishedName=CN=Tonja L. Armstrong, OU=DisabledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc)" -searchscope subtree

DistinguishedName : CN=Tonja L. Armstrong,OU=DisabledAccounts,OU=AllUsers,DC=tmk,DC=ent,DC=lc
    Enabled           : False
    GivenName         : Tonja
    Name              : Tonja L. Armstrong
    ObjectClass       : user
    ObjectGUID        : 17b0983c-37eb-43d8-87ea-8bae5baa350d
    SamAccountName    : TARMSTRONG
    SID               : S-1-5-21-4139426638-2395624160-3175187477-1694
    Surname           : Armstrong
    UserPrincipalName : TARMSTRONG@tmk.ent.lc

I also set the managed by field to Blank thru SyncEditor>Targetsystem>Browse and it worked.

i then tried to set the managed by field same way and it worked as well... so this doesn't seem to be any permissions issue...  

Thanks,

JP

• I would suggest opening a ticket with support at this point. A wire shark capture might help troubleshoot the issue as well as checking the logs on the Global Catalog/Domain Controllers were we are seeing the error. For some reason, those hosts are not liking the call being made.

• Hi Troy,

i have opened a ticket with Support... they had asked me to point to a different domain, i had tried this in the past but did it anyway with no progress.  i now have a growing number of jobs frozen for this domain... any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Hi Troy,

i have opened a ticket with Support... they had asked me to point to a different domain, i had tried this in the past but did it anyway with no progress.  i now have a growing number of jobs frozen for this domain... any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Children
No Data