Database CPU requirements to use SAP functions

Hi all,

I imported 2 SAP functions using the plugin called "Import SAP functions definition" from a CSV file with 70 rows. After that I created the correspondent SAP function instances but I can see on JobQueueInfo that the DB processes "Interim calculation of the transaction codes to functions relation" that I assume it calculates which SAP groups and employees are involved takes too long.

I don't have any other performance problem and I want to know if someone that have imported SAP functions have faced this problem before.

Thanks,

Adri

Parents
  • Hi Adrian,

I have imported SAP function using the plugin called "Import SAP functions definition" from a CSV file with multiple rows.Please let me know if there is any OOTB functionality to make all imported SAP functions as "Working Copy". Also, please let me know how i can import SOD rules as in my environment i have long list of SOD rules. Oim version used: 8.1.1.

Thanks

Himani

• Hi Himani,

When I did it I had to set the working copies one by one. I couldn't find a possibility to do a mass change regarding that solves this issue.And for SOD rules I think it is the same situation.

I would explore the idea of creating a script to solve this problem but I'm not completely sure if this could interfere the correct behaviour of One Identity.

Regards,

Adri

• Hi Himani,

When I did it I had to set the working copies one by one. I couldn't find a possibility to do a mass change regarding that solves this issue.And for SOD rules I think it is the same situation.

I would explore the idea of creating a script to solve this problem but I'm not completely sure if this could interfere the correct behaviour of One Identity.

Regards,

Adri

Children
  • First of all, the SAP Functions should be imported as working copies that you need to activate, at least according to the documentation.

Secondly, you should be able to activate more than one SAP Function add once in the Manager by using the multi-select capabilities

And last but not least, it is possible to import SoD rules but this needs to be customized, as the import has to be a little different for each type of filter condition you want to support and has to take your ruleset into account. I know that several partners, as well as some colleagues, have done that in projects.

• Thanks a lot for your inputs !

With respect to rule import, request you to please guide me with the major steps that could be used for importing the rule definitions. This would be very helpful to me.

Thanks !

• Steps, very roughly assuming that your rule definitions are stored in CSV file, are:

1. Create an import script used as a template by using the Data Importer targeting ComplianceRule
    2. Modify the script and adding the steps to modify the where-clauses and where-clause add-ons in the ComplianceRule and create the corresponding ComplianceSubRule entries based on the values in your CSV.
    3. Run the script
  • Thanks for input !

Request your guidance for clarification and confirmation on below sequence of steps:

1. Shall i import Rule data without where clause in first step in ComplianceRule table using csv? 

2. In second step, create ComplianceSubRule using Function and uid of ComplainaceRule created in Step1

3.Modify/insert where clause of ComplianceRules with ComplianceSubRule's created in step 2

Kindly confirm if the sequence of steps followed and my understanding is correct?

Thanks !

• IN step 1: Where clause is mandatory in ComplianceRule, so how it should be handled initially as we do not have ComplianceSubRule created right now

• If your import sets the properties WhereClausePerson and WhereClausePersonAddOn to correct values like the ones that got created if you choose to select all persons, the customizer will set the WhereClause property to an non-empty value and the save works flawlessly. I am setting these values in my modified import script.

Then, if you create the ComplianceSubRule entries (again, I am creating these entries in the modified import script), the system will correct the ComplianceSubRule.WhereClause property accordingly.

This procedure work definitely with 8.1.1.

• Is it possible to add SAP Authorization object with blank T-code using while creating SAP Function?