IT Shop service item URL not showing as link after upgrade to 8.11

We have URLs on service items (ProductURL in AccProduct : ex: https://portal.xxxxx.no/_layouts/download.aspx?SourceUrl=Documents/RIS-informasjon.xlsx ) that does not show as clickable links anymore. The just show as External Link

This worked on 8.01 but not after upgrade to 8.11

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Kai

Parents Reply Children
  • Honestly, I was unable to reproduce the behavior of being unable to click the link, but...

If you prefer the old display style anyway I'd suggest that you make use of a different component
    for displaying the website url of the service item, i.e. VI_Edit_View_ValueAndLink

In order to do so, you will have to configure VI_Edit_View_ValueAndLink as display component for AccProduct.ProductUrl
    under column-dependent references:

1. In WebDesigner menu: Edit > Configure project > Column-dependent references
    2. In Column-dependent references: Active tab page "Display values by column"
    3. In Colum-dependent references: Hit the "Add new" icon in the upper left corner
       This will add a new line in the list of configured viewer components.
    4. Select the new line and edit its Details
       a. Table: AccProduct
       b. Column: ProductUrl
       c: Viewer > Component: VI_Edit_View_ValueAndLink
    5. Save the changes and re-publish the web project.

Regards,

Dennis

• Thanks. I will ask our web developer to check this out. Maybe this problem is because of some customization we have done to the portal.

Regards

Kai