IT Shop service item URL not showing as link after upgrade to 8.11

We have URLs on service items (ProductURL in AccProduct : ex: https://portal.xxxxx.no/_layouts/download.aspx?SourceUrl=Documents/RIS-informasjon.xlsx ) that does not show as clickable links anymore. The just show as External Link

This worked on 8.01 but not after upgrade to 8.11

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Kai

• Hi Kai,

just to be sure I got the problem right.

Is it that the link is displayed "External Link" and not as the underlying URL?

Or is it that nothing happens when you click on "External Link"?

Regards,

Dennis

• Both. Its displayed as External link AND it is not anything you can click on to go to the link.

Regards

Kai

• Honestly, I was unable to reproduce the behavior of being unable to click the link, but...

If you prefer the old display style anyway I'd suggest that you make use of a different component
    for displaying the website url of the service item, i.e. VI_Edit_View_ValueAndLink

In order to do so, you will have to configure VI_Edit_View_ValueAndLink as display component for AccProduct.ProductUrl
    under column-dependent references:

1. In WebDesigner menu: Edit > Configure project > Column-dependent references
    2. In Column-dependent references: Active tab page "Display values by column"
    3. In Colum-dependent references: Hit the "Add new" icon in the upper left corner
       This will add a new line in the list of configured viewer components.
    4. Select the new line and edit its Details
       a. Table: AccProduct
       b. Column: ProductUrl
       c: Viewer > Component: VI_Edit_View_ValueAndLink
    5. Save the changes and re-publish the web project.

Regards,

Dennis

• Thanks. I will ask our web developer to check this out. Maybe this problem is because of some customization we have done to the portal.

Regards

Kai