Upgrade Path / Steps from 7.1.2.4 to 8.1.2?

Hi Fellow experts,

Hope you are doing well.

I know such similar questions have been asked before on this forum, but I'm unable to find the answer I need. So for my clarification I'm asking it anyways and I'm hoping you guys will help like always Slight smile

What is best approach / path to upgrade an OneIM environment from 7.1.2.4 to 8.1.2?

After referring to the releases notes, my understanding is I need to upgrade to 7.1.3 first, as Automatic software updating of version 7.1 to version 8.1.2 only works smoothly if the service pack 7.1.3 is installed.

So can I go directly to 8.1.2 after 7.1.3 such that I would go from 7.1.2.4 -> 7.1.3 -> 8.1.2 ? or Do I need to do any other intermittent upgrade steps?

Are they any other precautions and checks I need to keep in mind? Are there any other upgrade paths or approaches?
Can someone here enlighten me?

Thank you in advance,

Muzammil.

• Hello,

Yes, that's the supported path, as per the release notes for 8.1.2.

We strongly suggest testing the upgrade in a test or staging environment first to ensure there are no issues with customizations, things like that.

You should also ensure your system specs meet the requirements for version 8.1.2, especially with regards to the database server.

Of course the "Advice for updating One Identity Manager" section of the release notes provides good information.  I'd suggest to read this through carefully.

Lastly, ensure you have a recent backup of the database and run the consistency check!

Hope this helps.

Trevor

• Thanks for the confirmation Trevor.
    Much appreciated Slight smile

Muzammil.