SAP Connector - getting error message "OPTION_NOT_VALID"

Hello,

when trying to establish SAP connection, I am getting error OPTION_NOT_VALID. Seems like the upgrade from 

SAP_BASIS 740 SP 0023 to SAP BASIS 740 SP 0026 is causing this issue.

Thank you,

Geko

• Hello,

is it possible to get the version of the SAP kernel in detail.

And the used db system fo SAP (HDB, MaxDB, SQLSERVER)

Something like that:

Thanks,

Alexander

• sure, here you are:

Kernel-Release: 753

Compilation: Linux GNU SLES-11 x86_64 cc4.8.5 use-pr210626

Patch-Level: 823

DB Client Lib: OCI_112, 19.5.0.0.0, V2, default

DB Releases: ORACLE 11.2.*.*.*, ORACLE 12.*.*.*.*

DBSL Version: 753.02

DSPL Patch Level: 801

• which version of our software you are running?

We were able to reproduce that behavior. There is something broken on SAP side with the RFC_READ_TABLE after that, or some other update patches.

A quick workaround is using our new version of the SAP BAPI. With that we provide an own RFC_READ_TABLE function.

But for the new version you have to use the 8.1.5 or at least the SAP Connector in the version 8.1.5

• Thank you for your answer. However, as our version is 8.1.2 we expect a fix without upgrading to any higher. Especially as the used function call RFC_READ_TABLE is not released to be used (according to SAP note 382318).
    Team is in contact with OI support, I guess that is the correct way forward.

• Hi,

did you get any answer from support?

We are having the same problem after an scheduled maintenance from our SAP team. I have asked what exactly was changed, but it is likely that we are facing the same issue.

• Hi GeKo,

can you help me out how support helped you with that. We have the same problem

Thanks

• As far as I know OI provided a hotfix to be implemented into OI Manager, but I was not involved in the solution any more. So, just reach out to OI Support.

• Hello experts,

i am also experiencing this isuue upon establishing connecton to SAP HCM with SAP R/3 Connector.

I have done the following steps, according to the docs:

1. One Identity Manager Business Application Programming Interface imported into the SAP R/3 system (4 transports, OIM version 1.8.5.)
    2. A communication user provided in the SAP R/3 environment synchronization with sufficient permissions (imported role assigned).
    3. "TargetSystem\SAPR3" configuration parameter is enabled.
    5. Downloaded the installation sources for the SAP .Net Connector for .NET 4.0 on x64 (and installed).
    6. Import the following libraries into the One Identity Manager installation directory:
    o libicudecnumber.dll
    or rscp4n.dll
    o sapnco.dll
    o sapnco_utils.dll
    or msvcp100.dll
    or msvcr100.dll

7. A synchronization server was already installed (and declared as a job server).

Upon creating  synchronization project with the synchronization editor the following error appears: 

[SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcAbapException] OPTION_NOT_VALID

More about the error from the crash report:

SystemConnector Resolving instance of type VI.Projector.Connection.ISystemConnectorDescriptor.
    SystemConnector Resolving instance of type VI.Projector.Connection.ISystemConnectorDescriptor.
     SystemConnector Connecting target system...
     SystemConnector Existence test for function "/VIAENET/READTABLE" returned "false".
     SystemConnector Disconnecting target system.
     VI.FormBase.ExceptionMgr OPTION_NOT_VALID

Do You have any suggestions?

Best regards

Toni